Amanda Vermillion, The Tea Mistress® holds a Tea Master Certification from the International Tea Masters Association and Tea Blending and New World Tea Certifications from I-TEI. She is available for speaking engagements and consulting. The Tea Mistress® is pleased to provide the following services:
The Tea Mistress® can speak on a variety of topics, such as:
- Tea 101: Learn about the different types of tea as well as some fun facts! (40-60 minutes, including Q&A)
- History of Afternoon Tea: Covers the story of tea in the U.K. from the 17th century to the present, origins of afternoon tea, “high tea” vs. “low tea”, and traditional foods and teas served.
- The “Scoop” on Iced Tea: Iced tea was invented at the 1904 World’s Fair…or was it? (30 minutes, including Q&A)
- Tea Around the World: history of tea and how it spread across the world; an overview of global tea culture and how tea is enjoyed in various countries.
- Country-Specific Talks: The Why of Chai: Indian Tea Talk; Turkish Tea Traditions; Korean Tea; Teas and Tisanes of France; English Tea (includes Afternoon Tea/High Tea); Japanese Tea; Chinese Tea. (Talks can be 30-60 minutes, including Q&A).
- Perfect Cup of Tea: It’s more than just sticking a teabag in hot water! Learn tricks, tips and techniques for making the perfect cup or pot of tea.
- Health Benefits of Tea*: Learn why Camelia sinensis, the tea plant, is more than just a tasty drink. (40-60 minutes, including Q&A)
- Herbal Teas for Health*: Traditional folk remedies and modern research on various herbs and plants that can be brewed into a tisane and drunk for health and enjoyment. (40-60 minutes, including Q&A)
- Seasonal Talks and Tastings: Halloween/Herbs for “Witches”, Fresh and Floral Spring Teas, Refreshing Summer Teas, Warming Winter Teas and Herbs for Cold and Flu Season.
- Custom Talks on a topic of your choice, whether it’s a focus on teas from a particular country or region, fair trade teas or other economic/political issues surrounding tea, spirituali-tea, cooking with tea, beau-“tea” treatments, using tea in alcoholic drinks, coffee vs. tea, we are at your service! (At least 2 weeks’ advance notice required for custom tea talks.)
Pricing for talks of 20 minutes to 1 hour in length: $100.
Talks for non-profit organizations or charity groups: $75.
Custom talks with additional research required: $200.
Additional $25 discount on talks if 6-foot or 8-foot vendor table is provided.
Tasseomancy (Tea Leaf Reading) Sessions:
Tasseomancy services are for entertainment purposes only.
- For a Party: $100/hour.
- Individual consultations by appointment.
The Tea Mistress® can help you throw a great tea party, from a casual get-together to an elegant afternoon tea or a themed tea party. For larger tea parties, the Tea Mistress® is happy to work with a food caterer of her choice or your choice. I can work with your caterer, or I can provide certain foods in compliance with state and local food law statutes. Contact us to discuss pricing.
Tea and Food Pairings
Whether it’s Tea and Chocolate, Tea and Cheeses, Cooking with Tea, seasonal pairings, or tea and food pairings from a particular country, The Tea Mistress®.will present a delicious sampling of foods and teas that complement each other. I can work with your caterer, or I can provide certain foods in compliance with state and local food law statutes. Contact us to discuss pricing.
You and your guests will sample an assortment of teas and learn fun facts and preparation tips for each tea from The Tea Mistress®.
Pricing for a guided tasting of 3 teas for up to 20 people: $100.
Add $20 for an additional tea.
Add $20 for premium-priced teas. (e.g. blooming tea, aged puerh)
Pricing for a guided tasting for 21-40 people: $125.
Pricing for a guided tasting for 41 to 60 people: $150
Pricing for a guided tasting for 61-80 people: $175
Pricing for a guided tasting for 81-100 people: $200
Consulting for Businesses
If you have a business or upcoming event and want to include tea in the experience, The Tea Mistress® can help you select the types of teas to serve in your establishment, tea pairings for prix fixe menus, and how best to prepare and present tea and herbal beverages to your customers. We can offer training and classes for your staff. Contact us to discuss pricing.
Want to throw an elegant tea party but don’t have enough teapots or teacups? Our personal collection is available for rental.
Pricing: $2 per teacup and saucer, $5 per teapot, $5 per kettle, $20 per urn/dispenser. DEPOSIT REQUIRED.
Quality Teas and Tea Accessories for Sale
The Tea Mistress® carries a variety of teas: black, green, white, red, oolong and puerh, flavored and blended teas, international, organic, fair trade, rooibos, herbal, fruit teas, and tisanes. We also sell products, accessories and implements that will help maximize your tea experience. Bulk pricing for large orders!
The Tea Mistress® is happy to provide wholesale tea and herbals for businesses. Initial minimum order is $75. Free staff training session with initial minimum order of $100.
*DISCLAIMER: We are not licensed health professionals and cannot diagnose or treat illness.
This information is presented strictly for entertainment and educational purposes.